Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The loss of a loved one:

The end of your suffering and pain…
Today our family lost a mother, grandmother, great grandmother and all around amazing woman.  Today heaven has gained another amazing angel.  Today I am filled with regret that my children and I were not able to have more of a relationship with you.  Through nothing but stupidity and inconvenient schedules my children have only ever met their great grandmother twice for short periods of time.  You were only a mere 90 minutes away, why could we not find the time to come visit? How did we let this opportunity slip away?  Why did I not insist that Donald come and visit you with or without me and the kids?  I know that your passing means you are no longer in pain but I cannot help but hurt for your family, I am grateful god gave you some final time with them before calling you home.   I am hopeful that god will watch over all of your family and friends as they make the journey to say their goodbyes and that god will help them to heal from the wounds your death has caused.  I hope that you are free of pain and that you are at peace, your smiling face looking down on us all from the pearly gates.  I hope you know just how much you were loved even if scheduling wouldn’t accommodate for family members to visit.  Fly high and rest in peace. 
Virginia Brown

July 19, 1931- January 23, 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment